The dates and times for the UA Presidential and Vice Presidential debates have been set.
- Monday, April 2, 7 PM, JMHH F85: First UA Presidential debate, UA Vice Presidential debate, and Meet the Endorsers event
- Tuesday, April 3, 9:30 PM, JMHH G60: Second UA Presidential debate
If you're representing an on-campus organization, sign up here to be an official endorser!
The spring 2018 elections for Undergraduate Assembly and Class Board begin soon! If you are interested in running for the UA or one of the Class Boards, you should read the Election Guide closely to read about action items, important dates and deadlines, eligibility information, etc.
If you have any questions about the elections procedure, reach out to the Vice Chair for Elections of the Nominations & Elections Committee, Jack Weisman, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Financial aid is available if the $50 spending limit poses a financial burden. Reach out to Jack if you would like to make a request for financial aid.
There are a few important forms that you will need to turn in throughout the elections process. Read the Candidate Packet closely for instructions.
Candidate Information Form - submitting this form is required if you would like to be placed on the official ballot. This form must be completed by Tuesday, March 27 at 11:59 PM (required).
Petition Form - collect the required number of signatures and turn into the NEC Office between 11 AM and 5 PM on Wednesday, March 28 (required).
Candidate Statement Submission Form - if you would like to submit a 200 word candidate statement, for publication on the NEC website, submit it here by Wednesday, March 28 at 5 PM.
Spending Form - record all items of monetary value used for campaigning, due in the NEC Office between 5 PM and 7 PM on Thursday, April 5 (required).
FPC Violation Complaint Form - if you feel another candidate violated the Fair Practices Code, you may turn in this form between 5 and 7 PM on Thursday, April 5. Before downloading the form, please contact Jack Weisman, at email@example.com, so that any issues can be immediately resolved.
Overview of Important Dates and Deadlines
- Monday, March 12: Candidate Packet released.
- Monday, March 12 - Wednesday, March 28: Read this packet, collect signatures, and read the FPC.
- Tuesday, March 27: Submit the online Candidate Information Form by 11:59 PM.
- Wednesday, March 28: Turn in forms to NEC Office between 11 AM and 5 PM.
- Wednesday, March 28: Attend Candidate Meeting at 8 PM.
- Monday, April 2: Monetary campaigning begins at 7 AM (be sure to always update your spending form).
- Tuesday, April 3, 12:00 AM - Thursday, April 5, 5:00 PM: Voting Period
- Thursday, April 5: Turn in spending forms (and any FPC complaints) to NEC Office between 5 PM and 7 PM; election results at 8 PM.
- Sunday, April 8: Potential FPC Hearing