This page contains information for both the New Student Elections and UA Engineering Special Election, which are to be held concurrently.
The Fall 2017 Candidate Packet has been released! If you are interested in running for one of the Class Boards or the Undergraduate Assembly, you should read the Candidate Packet closely to read about action items, important dates and deadlines, eligibility information, etc.
If you have any questions about the elections procedure, reach out to the Vice Chair for Elections of the Nominations & Elections Committee, Jack Weisman, at email@example.com.
Note: Financial aid is available if you are uncomfortable with the $50 spending limit. Reach out to Jack if you would like to make a request for financial aid.
In addition to the Candidate Packet, you must fill out an online "Candidate Information Form" if you would like to be placed on the official ballot. This form must be completed by Tuesday, September 12 at 11:59 PM.
Lastly, there are important forms that you will need to turn in throughout the elections process. Read the Candidate Packet closely for instructions.
Petition Form - collect the required number of signatures and turn into the NEC Office between 10 AM and 4 PM on Wednesday, September 13 (required)
Spending Form - record all items of monetary value used for campaigning, due in the NEC Office between 4 PM and 6 PM on Wednesday, September 20 (required)
FPC Violation Complaint Form - if you feel another candidate violated the Fair Practices Code, you may turn in this form between 4 PM and 6 PM on Wednesday, September 20 (optional). Before downloading the form, please contact Jack Weisman, at firstname.lastname@example.org, so that any issues can be immediately resolved.
Overview of Important Dates and Deadlines
- Wednesday, August 30: Candidate Packet released
- Wednesday, August 30 - Wednesday, September 13: Read this packet, collect signatures, read the FPC (and attend Office Hours on March 15th or March 20th if you have questions)
- Tuesday, September 12: Submit the online Candidate Information Form by 11:59 PM
- Wednesday, September 13: Turn in forms to NEC Office between 10 AM and 4 PM
- Wednesday, September 13: Attend Candidates’ Meeting at 8 PM
- Friday, September 15: Monetary campaigning begins at 7 AM (be sure to always update your spending form)
- Sunday, September 17: Attend Midnight Breakfast from 10:30 PM to 12:30 AM
- Monday, September 18, 12:00 AM - Wednesday, September 20, 4:00 PM: Voting Period
- Wednesday, September 20: Turn in spending forms (and any FPC complaints) to NEC Office between 4 PM and 6 PM; election results at 8 PM
- Sunday, September 24 Potential FPC Hearing