ATTENTION: The Voting Period is now Tuesday, March 28th to Thursday, March 30th. We apologize for any inconvenience.
The General Election 2017 Candidate Packet has been released! If you are interested in running for one of the Class Boards or the Undergraduate Assembly, you should read the Candidate Packet closely to read about action items, important dates and deadlines, eligibility information, etc.
If you have any questions about the elections procedure, reach out to the Vice Chair for Elections of the Nominations & Elections Committee, Allie Rubin, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Financial aid is available if you are uncomfortable with the $50 spending limit. Reach out to Allie if you would like to make a request for financial aid.
In addition to the Candidate Packet, you must fill out an online "Candidate Information Form" if you would like to be placed on the official ballot. This form must be completed by Tuesday, March 21st at 11:59 pm. There are separate forms for the Class Board and Undergraduate Assembly. If you are running for both branches, you must fill out both forms.
Lastly, there are important forms that you will need to turn in throughout the elections process. Read the Candidate Packet closely for instructions.
Petition Form - collect the required number of signatures and turn into the NEC Office between 10 am and 5 pm on Wednesday, March 22nd (required)
Spending Form - record all items of monetary value used for campaigning, due after the voting period between 5 pm and 7 pm on Wednesday, March 29th (required)
FPC Violation Complaint Form - if you feel another candidate violated the Fair Practices Code, you may turn in this form between 5 pm and 7 pm on Wednesday, March 29th (optional)
Overview of Important Dates and Deadlines
· Monday, February 27th: Candidate packet released
· Monday, February 27th – Wednesday, March 22nd: Read this packet, collect signatures, read the FPC (and attend Office Hours on March 15th or March 20th if you have questions)
· Tuesday, March 21st: Submit the online Candidate Information Form by 11:59 pm
· Wednesday, March 22nd: Turn in forms to NEC Office between 10 am and 5 pm
· Thursday, March 23rd: Attend Candidates’ Meeting at 7 pm
· Friday, March 24th: Monetary campaigning begins at 7 am (be sure to always update your spending form)
· Tuesday, March 28th at 12 am – Thursday, March 30th at 5 pm: Voting Period
· Thursday, March 30th from 5 pm – 7 pm: Turn in spending forms (and any FPC complaints) to NEC Office between 5 pm and 7 pm; Results at 9 pm
· Saturday, April 1st: Potential FPC Hearing