The special election for an Undergraduate Assembly engineering seat has begun! If you are interested in running for one of the UA, you should read the Election Guide closely to read about action items, important dates and deadlines, eligibility information, etc.
If you have any questions about the elections procedure, reach out to the Vice Chair for Elections of the Nominations & Elections Committee, Jack Weisman, at email@example.com.
Note: Financial aid is available if you are uncomfortable with the $50 spending limit. Reach out to Jack if you would like to make a request for financial aid.
There are a few important forms that you will need to turn in throughout the elections process. Read the Candidate Packet closely for instructions.
Candidate Information Form - submitting this form is required if you would like to be placed on the official ballot. This form must be completed by Sunday, January 21 at 11:59 PM (required).
Petition Form - collect the required number of signatures and turn into the NEC Office between 1 PM and 5 PM on Monday, January 22 (required).
Candidate Statement Submission Form - if you would like to submit a 200 word candidate statement, for publication on the NEC website, submit it here by Monday, January 22 at 5 PM.
Spending Form (coming soon) - record all items of monetary value used for campaigning, due in the NEC Office between 5:30 PM and 7 PM on Friday, January 26 (required).
FPC Violation Complaint Form (coming soon) - if you feel another candidate violated the Fair Practices Code, you may turn in this form between 5:30 and 7 PM on Friday, January 26. Before downloading the form, please contact Jack Weisman, at firstname.lastname@example.org, so that any issues can be immediately resolved.
Overview of Important Dates and Deadlines
- Tuesday, January 9: Candidate Packet released.
- Tuesday, January 9 - Monday, January 22: Read this packet, collect signatures, and read the FPC.
- Sunday, January 21: Submit the online Candidate Information Form by 11:59 PM.
- Monday, January 22: Turn in forms to NEC Office between 1 PM and 5 PM.
- Monday, January 22: Attend Candidates’ Meeting at 8 PM.
- Tuesday, January 23: Monetary campaigning begins at 7 AM (be sure to always update your spending form).
- Wednesday, January 24, 12:00 AM - Friday, January 26, 5:00 PM: Voting Period
- Friday, January 26: Turn in spending forms (and any FPC complaints) to NEC Office between 5:30 PM and 7 PM; election results at 8 PM.
- Sunday, January 28: Potential FPC Hearing